On Tuesday, Governor David Ige released a road map for reforming the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency. Failures of management, protocol, an technology came to light following an incoming ballistic missile alert issued in error by that agency on January 13th.
National and World Headlines
The U.S. Supreme Court began churning out opinions Wednesday, producing four decisions — as many as the justices have produced over the past 4 1/2 months combined. The topics were varied, touching on subjects ranging from gun control to whistleblower protection and terrorism. A "muddle" on guns? In a week highlighted by the national gun control debate, the court ruled that a North Carolina man who pleaded guilty to illegal firearm possession may still appeal his conviction on constitutional...
- Hawaiʻi Piano Jazz Master Ethan Capone closes Atherton Winter Season, March 10
- New Weekend Music Programming starts March 3
- Bay Area trio Eat the Sun improvises in Atherton, March 4 matinee
- Rhythm Summit Takes Drumming to New Heights in Atherton Studio, February 24
- Ira Flatow in First Live Hawaiʻi Appearances for HPR Members, July 2018
- Alexa, Meet Hawaiʻi Public Radio