Updated: Sunday Evening On Oahu, the H-1 freeway is in the westbound direction is closed and blocked due to flooding and a stalled vehicle. The flood advisory for Oahu has been extended past midnight, and may go longer if rain continues. Oahu is under flood advisory as Tropical Storm Darby continues to move across the Hawaiian Islands moving north-northwest at around 11 mph. There is a brown water advisory for Hawaii Island, Maui County, and Oahu.
Weekend Programming on HPR2
- HPR Benefit, A Daylong Celebration of Hawaiian Music and Culture, August 7
- Tommy James, John Kolivas Perform “Mostly Ellington” in Atherton, July 30
- Think Spot Sessions: Surfing
- HPR Talk and News Departments Recognized with National and Local Awards
- Hōkū Zuttermeister Brings Hawaiian Music Past Forward in Atherton, July 23
HPR-Produced Music Shows
Fridays at 10 PM on HPR-2. We're really not sure what Jon is doing in the basement on Friday nights. He has assured us not to worry. (We're worried) Take a journey down the yellow brick road of music from Abba to Zappa and most everything in between. A genre' busting music show that stretches the boundaries where ever possible and a chance to dust off the old nuggets and other songs that deserve our attention.