A groundbreaking ceremony was conducted today for the largest expansion of Honolulu Harbor in the state’s history. HPR’s Wayne Yoshioka reports.
National and World Headlines
The U.S. Navy announced Tuesday that the commanding officers of two vessels involved in separate collisions in the Pacific Ocean last year will face court-martial proceedings and possible criminal charges including negligent homicide. The statement by Navy spokesman Capt. Greg Hicks says the decision to prosecute the commanders, and several lower-ranking officers as well, was made by Adm. Frank Caldwell. As the Two-Way reported : "In June, the USS Fitzgerald collided with a Philippine-flagged...
- Respected Music Educator Named New "Classical Pacific" Host
- Salsa and Latin Jazz from The Freddie Miranda Jr. Quintet in Atherton, Jan. 27
- Sounds of Aloha Barbershop Chorus Revisits the Sound of America in Atherton Studio, January 20
- Ira Flatow in First Live Hawaiʻi Appearances for HPR Members, July 2018
- Alexa, Meet Hawaiʻi Public Radio
- HPR Sets Bold Membership Goals for Fall 2017 Fund Drive