The State Department of Transportation is leading a multi-agency effort to clear homeless encampments under the Nimitz Highway Viaduct. HPR’s Wayne Yoshioka reports.
National and World Headlines
Amid growing political fallout, the Department of Defense has put forward a timeline for the deadly confrontation with militants in Niger that killed four U.S. troops. Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said during a briefing that major questions remain about this "tough firefight," such as whether the unit's mission changed and why it took days to recover the body of Army Sgt. La David Johnson. He also said investigators are examining whether the troops had adequate...
- A Tuneful Evening of "Just Jobim" in HPR’s Atherton Studio, November 4
- Jazzy Twists from Vocalist Jonathan Karrant in Atherton Studio, October 28
- Consolidated Theatres Helps Raise Funds for HPR
- Community Endorses HPR in Successful Fall Fundraiser
- Ira Flatow in First Live Hawaiʻi Appearances for HPR Members, July 2018
- Alexa, Meet Hawaiʻi Public Radio