Hawai‘i Public Radio (HPR) is a locally-managed, community-funded nonprofit serving a statewide audience. We were named one of the 2015 Best Places to Work in Hawaii by Hawaii Business magazine and Best Companies Group. HPR is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Corporate Relations Associate
Hawai‘i Public Radio is looking for a community-minded business development professional to meet and work with businesses and organizations in Hawai‘i. If you are goal oriented, a motivated self-starter with a high sense of accountability, able to organize your time effectively, while maintaining a winning attitude, and you love public radio, then contact us. This position requires an experienced advertising sales professional who will be responsible for establishing new corporate support business, developing current business relationships and ensuring client satisfaction within the unique guidelines of a public radio station. An ideal candidate will be required to assist in the planning, organizing and conducting of corporate support strategies then implement with a high-degree of self-management. Responsibilities also include the ability to research and qualify businesses in the community for the purpose of soliciting underwriting funds to provide sustainable revenue growth for the station.
Job Summary – Do Work That Matters
Working in the corporate relations department in public broadcasting is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media. Media sales experience is desired, but if you have background in fields such as insurance, job placement, professional services, or pharmaceutical sales many of those skills may also apply.
You will be expected to cold-call decision-makers at local and regional businesses, meet with them face-to-face to understand their goals, and develop sponsorship proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their business. You will manage every aspect of the relationship with top notch customer service – from prospecting to bringing aboard the new partner, as well as copywriting. You will be accountable for the full cycle.
Required Qualifications – Do You Have These?
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to write and present in a professional and motivating manner
- Ability to communicate HPR’s unique value proposition and importance
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, and ability to formulate successful strategies
- A fundamental belief in and ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks and clients with timely and appropriate prioritization and goal attainment
- Ability and willingness to accept and understand rules and procedures
- Flexibility to work productively in a team
- Accountability to function independently and productively off-site
- Capacity to thrive in a deadline-focused environment
- Strong PC computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong tech problem solving abilities and an aptitude for mastering new technologies
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, ability to attend external meetings and participate in station events
Compensation and Benefits – What HPR Offers
- Salary and comprehensive benefit plans
- Targeted training and dedicated management support
- Team of smart, creative, collaborative, and enthusiastic people
How To Apply
Please email or snail mail: (1) a cover letter explaining your interest and how your skills are aligned specifically to the Business Development position and (2) your resume by September 8, 2017.
This is your opportunity to sell us on being a qualified candidate for this position! Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
For more information contact Cat Gelman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-792-8215.
Hawai‘i Public Radio is an EEO employer.
[posted August 1, 2017]